Friday, January 15, 2010

Two Goals, One Objective

This blog is about goals. Two goals I made over Christmas break in particular. One short term, the second not so short term. Keep in mind that both goals are not only ridiculous but AWESOME.

Over Christmas break, I made several short term goals that could be fulfilled over the break. These goals included reading several books, figuring out how busy my schedule this semester would be, making my mother's Christmas madness a little less crazy, and so on. But the most important goal was that I needed to get at least 10 hours of sleep each night. And since I am gradually becoming an old lady, that meant falling asleep by about 10 every night, 11 at the latest. At this rate, I did not get 10 hours of sleep a night. Oh, no. I far exceeded my goal, typically waking up at about 9:30 or 10 depending on how late my evening was (yes I stayed up till midnight on New Years. Granted, I was lying on the couch with my blanket, in pajamas, drinking wassail, and long blinking every five seconds while watching Star Trek with my dad. But I made it!) Sleep has never been more amazing. I think I would rather sleep than eat or maybe even breathe. But that kind of sleeping is called dying, so let's not go there.

My second goal is what I like to refer to as the "Spies have hot bodies, so why can't I?" goal. In other words, I aspire to look like the spies on television. Two spies in particular: Sydney Bristow from the now cancelled "Alias" and Sarah Walker from my favorite television show, "Chuck". On the one hand, both of these women are actresses and thus have personal trainers, wardrobe people, stunt doubles (to make them look cooler than they really are), and are basically born smoking hot. Since I have none of the first three (too non-talented in the actress department) and I've never really seen myself as a natural "bombshell", this goal has quickly evolved into the second most "difficult-to-achieve" goal I've ever tried to reach. But my motto is that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. So, I will embark on a journey to look somewhat like this:



Ooorrrrr this:



I don't think it will be too much of a stretch to have expectations to look slightly like these women. It's not like I'm going to go all Octo-mom and get plastic surgery to look exactly like them, facial features and all. That's just creepy. But I figure if I work out, I'll have a shot. I suppose the biggest work out will be this summer when I spend my time hiking and basically playing outdoors all day. Even if this goal seems unrealistic, I could care less. I just like that it gives me some motivation to be smoking hot.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love everything about all of those goals! Good job Ern! I miss you! Loaf you!