Sunday, May 8, 2011

"No need to shout!"

When I watch movies and TV shows by myself, I tend to say or yell things to the characters and the TV show or movie in general. And, for the most part, each show or movie has different phrases that go along with it. So, it’s pretty much what you would guess: a word or phrase I yell at least once an episode for a television show or several times throughout a movie. Let me provide you with some examples.

Chuck- (Chuck makes me swoon-y and giddy. Thus the things I yell are directed at just Chuck or at Chuck and Sarah together.)

“Eeeee! I love you, Chuck!”

“Stop it. Chuck is not (insert spy activity here.)”

“MAKE BABIES!!!” (Actually, this is not specific to Chuck. But I yell it more during Chuck than any other show.)

“They’re so cute and perfect.”

Friday Night Lights-

“Throw the ball, son!”

“You tell him, Tami. Tell him how it is.”

“Flip your sweaty hair, Tim Riggins.” OR “Cut your hair, you nasty kid.”

Alias:

“Hot Face!”

“Yep. Now Jack is going to shoot you in the face.”

“J-brams, why do you do this to me?”

“He’s so goofy!”

Star Wars

“Shut your face, Anakin.”

“But don’t mess with Darth Vader. He’ll getcha!”

“Angry, grumpy, moody Anakin. Why does Padme love him?”


And the list of films and TV shows goes on. I just never realized that I yell these things. Then one day, my sister opened my bedroom door, stared at me, and asked me why I was yelling. I paused and said, “Uh, I don’t really know.” Now, I’m super conscious about it. I’m working on stopping the whole talking-to-fictional-characters thing, since what I say doesn’t make one bit of difference.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I think you should keep yelling at them. I'm pretty sure Hot Face knew when you yelled "Hot Face!" at him because he just kept getting hotter. And Sydney and Hot Face also listened to you when you yelled, "Make babies!" at them too. See, there is evidence.

Kace said...

Were you a yeller before you met me? I'm pretty sure I influenced the yelling...heh. Not mad! P.S. the identity says Kaccee but you know who I am ;)

Kace said...

You little brown identity thief! When were you on my computer?! I think that your yelling is a completely healthy way for you to let out your feelings.

PS what is up with the cross thingy? You going all jesuit on us already?