Monday, March 16, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year: March Madness



So, this week, March Madness begins and I just wanted to talk a little bit about how much joy The Big Dance brings into my life. Selection Sunday is literally the best Sunday of the year...except when Christmas is on Sunday or my birthday. (p.s. Isn't that picture of Chalmers making the game tying shot a beauty?)

There are four things that I love about the beauty that is March Madness and the Final Four:
1. Basketball all day, everyday.
2. The hilariousness that are the fans of college basketball
3. I really enjoy the fact that out of a group of girls, I am usually one of the few that actually knows what she's talking about. Talk about confidence builder
4. Beautiful men that know how to play basketball on television. ALL DAY LONG. For a week.

Number one is the very best part of it all. All I have to do is turn on the TV and there is bound to be some kind of game on that is AMAZING and intense. I love Kansas basketball. It's a family requirement it seems. Last year was basically the best year ever for us when they won a thriller against Memphis. We will see if they can defend their championship. Plus, with March Madness comes a combination of coaching greats like Coach K (best coach ever to coach basketball, hands down), Roy Williams, and so on. The thing is, every good team plays at the same time with all of their really good coaches going head to head. WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE!!! It's so AMAZING!

Number two just makes me laugh all day long. There are normal fans, but they aren't the ones I'm talking about. Sure, there are fans that are a little crazy and paint their faces and dye their hair the school colors. What has to be remembered is that most of them are students. The fans that I'm talking about are the older men. The fans make it all great. And hilarious.

Number three is a bit prideful and narcissistic, but I totally don't care. I LOVE getting into in depth conversations about basketball. And I just love blowing their minds with knowledge. Mostly, it makes me feel really awesome.

Last, but not least: Beautiful Basketball Men. They're everywhere! The thing that makes them beautiful is the arms. I'm sorry, but basketball players arms are AMAZING. They don't have to have hot faces, but all of them have hot arms. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule in that their faces AND arms are a one-two combo of beauty.

And this year it will be complete and utter craziness because there are no standouts. Having the "Number One" ranking means NOTHING. It's basically a curse. I have no idea how my bracket is going to work out...it's going to be ugly. Unlike last year when I ROCKED IT and picked both the Final Four AND the National Champ! Holler.

So my children. Enjoy the madness.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Erin, I know you'll be very disappointed in me, but I cheered for Michigan State over Kansas...Rob's probably their biggest fan and it's contagious!

p.s. BAM sucka! loaf you though :)