Thursday, February 19, 2009

Best. Valentine's Day. Ever. HANDS DOWN

So, a few weeks ago, my roommates and I made a decision that would forever change the rest of our lives. Okay...not really. But it did make our President's Day weekend 135% awesome. We all thought that since school is stressful, unfun, and fairly boring (right now, school is the worst thing in my life. Pure unadulterated LOATHING) that a vacation would be nice. So we ran to the BYU travel office and bought plane tickets to Long Beach, California. We would spend roughly 4 days in California enjoying sun, beaches, shopping, and, of course, DISNEYLAND.


The only downside was that the weather wasn't quite as cooperative as we needed it to be. Saturday, a.k.a. Disney/Happiest-Day-of-my-Life Day, was marvelous if not a little chilly. Spalsh Mountain at 4:30 in the afternoon was probably not the wisest decision we have ever made. But we dried off quite a bit by going on Space Mountain right after. And we also got an amazing picture out of it, so win win. Sunday was beach day, and it was windy and cold (cold meaning 55 degrees) but it was still pretty much amazing to play in the ocean for a few hours. Monday was cold and wet (torrential downpour, anyone?). But we made the most of it by going to a boardwalk and lighthouse despite the nasty weather. It was a blast anyway.

But the reason for this particular blog is not to talk about the weather or even the beach. This blog is dedicated to that marvelous day spent at Disneyland. I have not been to Disneyland since I was about 12. I went with my family. I love my family and all, but trips to amusement parks with them=MADNESS. There are just too many of us. This trip was with all fully grown girls. It was the most exciting, amazing, exhausting day EVER. And I will say this: I loved my Valentine's Day for once.

My feelings for Disneyland cannot be articulated into sentences. I just tried it. Didn't work. So, instead, I will post pictures of my adventures. Included are pictures from the beach and pier. But mostly Disneyland.












2 comments:

Susie said...

You forgot the other thing that was missing in your vacation: Me. Don't forget it.

Erin said...

Never.