Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Playlist Time

Lovers In Japan by Coldplay- Heard this song during the Oscars (Romance Recap for 2008 presented by Robert Pattinson...now do you see why I watched?) and developed this deep love for it. What can I say? Coldplay SPEAKS to me. And makes me want to play the piano again.

Syndicate by The Fray- The second this song started, I almost passed out because I automatically became obsessed with the beginning and lost all brain function. If the beginning is awesome, I'll want to listen to the rest. And the rest of this song is pretty ding dang good too.

Feeling Good by Muse- This cover is a little piece of Muse heaven. Takes the classic song and turns it on its head, "Muse-ifying" it, if you will. Eat that Michael Buble.

Crack the Shutters by Snow Patrol- Rarrrrrr. That is all I will say.

A Mirror is Hard to Hold by John Foreman- Jon Foreman of Switchfoot fame made some pretty awesome EPs last year. Not only do I love his voice, but I love these chill, sometimes super religious songs.

Abel by The National- Still can't get enough of them. They are just about the most awesome thing since sliced bread. His voice...

Brazil by The Arcade Fire- Ah! The beginning of this song is mostly awesome. And this song makes me want to sway back and forth while I do my homework like a little nerd.

Unconditional by The Bravery- I'm on a mission to find the full song to put on here. But I want to (and often do) yell this song while I drive. Not mad.

Can't Let Go by Landon Pigg- Um, this song hurts my little heart. I just want him to be with this girl. Plus, I love Landon Pigg (Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop? Listen to it.)

Brick by Ben Folds- Even though it's been forever and a year since this song was released, I still love it. It kind of makes me hate life a little, but I just the piano, lyrics, and Ben Folds in general. It's just that good.

Cleanse Song by Bright Eyes- Heh. A happy-ish Bright Eyes song! It's a miracle.

Delicate by Damien Rice- There is so much love in my heart for this song and for Damien Rice. I can fall asleep anywhere when I listen to this song. Damien Rice has succeeded where no other artist can. And that's not to say I think he's boring. He's soothing and mostly awesome.

Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf- Don't judge me. I LOVE this song. It almost makes me wish I could go to a high school dance again just so I could dance to this song. I DO dance to it. Everyday. And it's a great walking to campus song.

Decatur by Sufjan Stevens- This is the first Sufjan song I ever heard. He makes me chuckle and makes me smile. I want to go to Decatur now...weird.


And just a p.s. for all of you who love orchestral soundtracks like I do: If you ever want to listen to a soundtrack that will blow your mind, just listen to the Revolutionary Road soundtrack. The music for the film is AMAZING. Maybe it's because I watched the movie and loved how they integrated music with images so flawlessly. And because the music was sweet and simple perfection.

No comments: