Monday, February 23, 2009

A Proclaimation of LOVE

I am here today to profess my love for something to the whole world (or just to the two people that read my blog). The object of my obsession is........SHOES.

Yes. I am here to tell all of you that I absolutely LOVE shoes.

I mean, let's think about this for just 2.5 seconds. Shoes are practical. Would you want to run around barefoot all the time? In the freezing cold? NO. That would be uncomfortable and your toes would probably fall off. They also save your feet from burning up on the hot pavement/asphalt. I know that all of you know what it feels like to walk on hot, roasting pavement. The first thing you want to do is run over to the neighbor's grass and just stand on it for a few seconds and pray that they just had their sprinklers on, right? See! Shoes=great. Then, on top of the fact that they are practical, they are pretty much ADORABLE. Granted, there are for SURE some ugly shoes out there. And when I say ugly, I mean should be burned or dropped off a cliff into the ocean. The best thing about shoes is that every pair can is made for a specific occasion: morning trips to the grocery store, dates, school, the opera, the beach. And do you know what that means? You have to own several pairs in order to be ready for said occasions!
This is what I have to say: whoever invented canvas shoes should probably be considered for Sainthood. About 75% of my shoes are canvas. My next purchase will be a pair of Vans or Keds (old school style) I seriously can't get enough of them. It's all about the stripes, plaids, and solids.
And now we move to slip ons. Just slide your feet in and WHAMO! You are good to go for the rest of the day. No tying shoelaces or fixing the tongue of the shoe. And they are like letting your feet sleep all day in a little warm sleeping bag. Only thing you have to do is make sure that your pants aren't pushed inside your shoe because that's awkward.
Then there's the flip-flop. Talk about your bare minimum. Now, wearing a flip flop is like just wearing your underwear. Barely anything but just enough. Okay, so that might not be a good analogy. For me it is. Flip flops are just like slip ons. Two seconds and you are ready to go. Just don't step in any puddles. Talk about uncomfortable. Just a step up from the flip-flop you've got the sandal. My sandal of preference is the Chaco...um, hiking through water? No problem, Chaco's got you covered. Plus, the suntan you can get is pretty sweet.
And, though this may come as a shock coming from the girl who doesn't make effort to get ready or look cute EVER, I love wearing heels. Sure they are a man's invention to make a woman look taller, make her butt look bigger, and all sorts of other stuff, but you know what? When I wear heels, I feel hot! Sassy is probably the best word for it. You can rock the heels, move those hips and still go to church and take the sacrament. No guilt! In heels you can be hot and ba-bow-ba-wow! and not be committing a sin. That has got to be a good reason to wear them.

(And just a p.s., KATE WINSLET! I am so grateful she finally won an Oscar, even though the Oscars aren't exactly the best judge of skill sometimes. That woman is basically the best thing to ever happen to the industry. PLUS: Coming Soon! A new playlist...ish. Maybe I should say "updated"? Yeah. That's the one.)

No comments: